About 2 months ago, a local photographer advertised doing a photoshoot for other locals/ willing models – like me! After trying to find a date which would work for us both we found a perfect day in May.
She’s passionate and really has a good eye for location – I noticed even only after 10 mins of scouting a shoot location with her.
I admit it, I kinda wanted to feel like a model for an hour and yes – it was totally worth it! I did smile in many shots but these are her favorites…
If you’re in Bern and need a photographer, I’d highly recommend her! Click here for her details.
Hey, hey to everyone reading this blog. You’ve been very patient! Thank you! I’ve had my days of totally avoiding social media to having a full “pig out” sessions, completely letting it distract me from life. But I’m back, with a plan to be more focused and in general to get better at the things I enjoy doing. I enjoy this quite a bit, I just worry about how to start. And then one thing leads to another and I’ve put off writing a blog for almost half a year! So again, I thank you for being here and truely hope I’m a positive influence or at least an entertaining read.
So, with an introduction like that you can tell I get quite easily distracted watching the fancy and glamorous lives of the people of instagram. I hate to admit it but social media can get the best of me at times. In the past, I saw I was comparing myself to how the other people looked online – and we all know, we only show what we want to. If one is not careful, it can be dangerous. In the sense that it can distort your view on reality and may even result in some sort of self destruction; whether it be negative thoughts or as far as even physical self harm/ body dismorphia.
Check yourself before you wreck yourself.
I get my dose of reality from, ironiclly enough, from the amazing handful of humans I follow on social media. It took me a while to figure out who is actually amazing and who is just faking it (not in a good way). I also had to realise that my role models might not be the same for everyone else – and it’s ok!
It took a bit to delete some apps and unfollow a few (ok, alot) of toxic people/pages but I’ve gotten to a place where I love my body, life and the people I choose to have in my close circle. Even just repeating that last sentence out loud makes me feel empowered. I CHOOSE who I share my life with. I CHOOSE to surround myself with loving and positive vibes. I CHOOSE to have less energy spent on people who don’t respect me or are constantly being negative. Social media can be a nasty place, but if it’s used for it’s original purpose (connecting people, spreading positivity, etc.) it’s a great place to be.
The online community you dip into is important. It should be a mix between people/pages that challenge your ideas or people/pages you can totally relate to. I’ve narrowed a little list of my favourites down to 4-5, which I will share below. Now, again, I know not everyone will have the same opinion… so let me know down below in the comments who your top favourite positive influences are!
- Robine Nina. She’s Swiss, she blogs about her life adventures and most importantly, she comes across as a really down to earth kind gal – which can be rare these days!
- Sonny Turner. She’s so real about her own body hang ups but isn’t afraid to show her body confidence. She let’s us know that you’re allowed to be both a work in progress and also a masterpiece simultaneously.
- Lateicia Thomas. She’s young and ambitious. She’s making all other Aussies living abroad super proud and in some ways I feel like I can relate to her about how much she loves to dance to music around her apartment when she’s in a good mood.
- Abby Pollock. She’s continueously giving out free fitness and biology lessons on her YouTube channel and talks a lot about mental health in the fitness community. I like how she is not like the “others” of the fitness community, I get a feeling she genuinely wants to help others correct their training.
- Gary Vaynerchuck. Just to throw a curve ball in, I decided to include him to the list. He is definitely one to just cut through any bullshit and thrive on good vibes. He’s loud and sometimes talks over others but his messages are positive and pure.