On my birthday weekend, I went to Zermatt. There was even a flight in a helicopter and it was amazing! On my birthday or leading up to it, I like to reflect back onto my life around my birthday to see how far I’ve come. I’ve learned so much over the past few years whether it’s just about life in general or things I wish I was told when I was younger, there is now a list! Here are mine, what would you add?
1. Learn to appreciate the small things.
2. Learn when to react and when to ignore. Your energy and effort is not infinite.
3. Be kind.
4. Stop putting impossible pressures on yourself.
5. Go at your own pace.
6. Have a hobby, preferably also one that keeps you active.
7. Travel as much as possible, experience different cultures, try different foods.
8. Save your money! Set a budget, put aside some money with every paycheck. It never seems like much but over a few years it adds up.
9. Do what you want to do – plan it, execute it, don’t ask for permission.
10. Communication is key. I’d rather repeat myself than miss out important information. In relation to: relationships, work environment, etc.
11. Go with your gut instinct.
12. Don’t rely on someone else for your own happiness.
13. The important people to keep in your life will make an effort.
14. Find out what works for you when it come to self care. It’s different for everyone.
15. You are enough.
16. Saying “I love you” doesn’t cost anything. Say it to those you care about!
17. Failure is just a lesson on how not to do “it”. Fail until you figure “it” out.
18. Fake it til you make it. We are all just hacking. Not everyone knows what they are doing.