There’s this thing that music can do to you, and what love the most is that it can change your mood. It makes you feel things you maybe never thought you felt before, it can also take you to a deep fantasy or just have a tune that gets stuck in your head on loop!
Of course I could make a list of over 100, I’ve looked through my latest playlist to try and narrow it down to the few songs that really make me happy. I loose focus of anything else going on around me and just enjoy the sound and lyric. If one of these songs were to be played in a bar or club – they are the reason I would then buy another round and hit the dance floor…
This list is of my personal favourite songs that make me feel happy or ready to party (even if that party is just for me at home while cleaning the apartment in my underwear…) in no particular order:
- My Love ft. Jess Glynne – Route 94. This song is a bit slow but gently gets me in the mood to move around. House and great vocals. What more could you want?!
- Hotline Bling – Drake. It probably get’s on your nerves if you’re a person who listens to radio day in and out, but for me, it’s fun, chill and you can always break out your worst dance moves in clubs and people think you’re trying to imitate Drake. To this song, anything goes.
- Latch ft. Sam Smith – Disclosure. It’s sexy just because of Sam Smith alone, but I like the music also. Beware, the chorus is catchy…
- Or Nah ft. The Weeknd, Wiz Khalifa & DJ Mustard – Ty Dolla $ign. This song is definately one to get your hips moving to… again sexy and slow but also a bonus for having such dirty lyrics.
- Tried to – TAPES. “I’ll take care of you…” Actually a Drake song but remixed in a way you wouldn’t think it’s Drake. I love it!
- Move Your Feet – Junior Senior. For millennials, this may be considered “old school”… It sounds like Beastie Boys but somewhat more suitable for children.
- Night Riders ft. Travis Scott, 2 Chainz, Pusha T & Mad Cobra – Major Lazer. Amazing beats. I love imagining some sort of twerk choreography to this. Dancing to this makes me feel bad ass!
- Say It ft. Tove Lo – Flume. I love the vocals. Slow build but again, feels ok to dance to this anyway you want. Which is good for anyone who can’t really dance…like me!
- Be Right There – Diplo & Sleepy Tom. Diplo is one of my all time favourite DJs. So of course at least one of his songs must be on this list!
- Fade – Kanye West. For anyone who hasn’t seen the video for this; you need to! The video catches your eye but the music keeps you coming back for more.
- 7/11 – Beyonce. Again an amazing video! Apparently she filmed it while on holiday with a very basic camera. Dance like Beyonce does in her bed and bathroom. Who hasn’t pretended to Queen B at least once in their lives already…
- Do Your Thing – Basement Jaxx. Classic and catchy. Basement Jaxx also makes many other great songs. I just felt like it’s the one everyone knows and loves.
- No More – Shlohmo & Jeremih. I have start off with how much I love Shlohmo. He is amazing! Jeremih and Shlohmo have done a handful of songs together and I also love all of those songs too! So for me, personally, if I hear some song I know and love (even if it’s not as upbeat) it makes me happy! That’s why this song is on the list!
That’s it for now. Maybe I should get working on that 100 song list for another time..
If you also love these songs, or have a few more you would add, let me know below!